Forums
Interested in TNT Membership? - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.tntgp.com)
+-- Forum: TNT Forums (http://www.tntgp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FORUM WELCOME / TNTGP and TNTFV MEMBERSHIP - please read (http://www.tntgp.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Interested in TNT Membership? (/showthread.php?tid=664)

Interested in TNT Membership? - PedalMesh - 12-08-2007

Welcome to TNT!

TNT is an offroad wheeling club comprised of like-minded individuals, who enjoy exploring difficult to access trails through the use of short wheelbase, four wheel drive vehicles. (JEEP, TOYOTA, BLAZER, BRONCO ETC)
We ALWAYS use respect for the environment, and remove as much back country garbage as possible. We do not alter trails as we use them - our goal is to discover, explore and maintain existing ones. Sometimes we need to traverse wet ground to complete a trail or access other areas, but a second pass through mud or a soft area is completely discouraged. We respect waterways, and cross them carefully only when absolutely necessary.

There are six (6) divisions of the TNT 4x4 club: TNTGP, TNT Fairview, TNT Hinton, TNT Fort Mac, TNT Alberta Corridor, and TNT Lower Mainland/Okanagan.

The True North Trailrunners 4x4 club is a registered society in the province of Alberta. As such, our membership stickers are legal property of the club.

TNTGP MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS

- All new members must be sponsored by an existing member. This means that the new member becomes a direct reflection upon the sponsoring member, and the sponsoring member takes all responsibility associated with this new member's behavior. If you are new to this site or don't know any members, send Sheldon a PM and someone will get in touch with you.
- All prospective members must participate on two, full day wheeling runs with at least 3 TNT members. This is a trial phase for you, as much as us. We beat our rigs pretty hard, and that's not for everyone.

REQUIRED EQUIPMENT

- Aggressive mud terrains or better are HIGHLY recommended.
- Full size spare tire
- Tow Rope/Strap without hooks
- Secure Tow Points, front and rear.
- CB or 2M radio
- First Aid Kit.
- Fire Extinguisher.
- Winch, rated at a minimum of 8000lbs highly recomended for most trails.

TNT FAIRVIEW CHAPTER (TNTFV) MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS

- New members to TNTFV are assessed on a person-person basis. The rig is not as important as the person with this subsidiary of TNT.
- Please contact Andrew or Tony (TeeJay) for details on TNTFV membership requirements.
- Rigs from TNTFV that come and join TNTGP on all club runs except the annual ACE event, must satisfy the current TNTGP requirements.
- The TNTFV club is regional in nature, the club is centered in and around Fairview, Alberta.

REQUIRED EQUIPMENT

TNT Hinton MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS

- See TNTGP

REQUIRED EQUIPMENT

- Tow hooks front and rear
- Tow strap without hooks
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Good AT tires, MT's strongly recomended
- Full size spare tire
- CB or 2M radio
----------------------------------------------------------------------

TRAIL ETIQUETTE

- Pack out more than you bring in. Zero garbage left on our trails, we clean as we go.
- Each planned and posted run will include (if needed) the forseen equipment for that day (winch or lockers etc.), please honor these requirements, they are based on previous trail experience.
- Absolutely NO alcohol is to be consumed on or during a run.
- Expect to help other members within your physical capacity, and your equipment's capability. We always work as a team.
- All vehicles are expected to be in good running condition. Breakdowns will happen, but known problems can be a saftey hazard.
- Radio communication must be "family friendly" - this is an CRTC regulation, as in Federal law.
- Represent the Orange Diamond sticker on your rig, and Respect The Land 8)  

A TNT membership brings you into a fraternity of life-style wheelers, and we help each other out in many ways.
We look forward to wheeling with you!  Big Grin

Full size trucks will not be considered as club vehicles. Period.
TNT Executive reserves the right to revoke or refuse membership.

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Sheldon - 03-27-2013

The above post has been modified to reflect the changes in the club structure. Please review and let me know if I have made any mistakes.

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - PRjeep - 06-11-2013

Not sure if this is the right spot to post on, I received my club decals and membership for the Fairview chapter on my second run. Sponsored by Mitch and approved by Ted ;-) so hoping to have that updated on the site? Thanks

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Sheldon - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 08:25 PM)PRjeep Wrote: Not sure if this is the right spot to post on, I received my club decals and membership for the Fairview chapter on my second run. Sponsored by Mitch and approved by Ted ;-) so hoping to have that updated on the site? Thanks

You bet, Ted must have just forgotten to tell the good news. We'll forgive him. Give me a couple minutes and you'll have member access.

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - OBWHON - 06-11-2013

Sorry Oscar, I should have checked into this for you, being that Ted is "vacationing" Lol Great to have you on board. We'll have to get you back on the Alexander trail system cause there are a lot more trails we need to check out. Actually we could spend a weekend checking/cleaning these trail up. Glad you came out sunday

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Fenxx - 02-21-2014

I'm looking at becoming a member of tntgp. I don't know anyone from the TNT and don't know where to start.

Thx

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Sheldon - 02-21-2014

I got your email, we'll get ya going.

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Jeepguy7814 - 11-12-2014

I am interested in becoming a member. Some direction on how to join would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Sheldon - 11-12-2014

Welcome to the site Jeepguy. Most of the info is above, where are you located?

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Jeepguy7814 - 11-13-2014

(11-12-2014, 09:04 PM)HMFI Wrote: Welcome to the site Jeepguy. Most of the info is above, where are you located?
I am located in Grande Prairie. I have a jeep that meets all of the requirements as listed above. I would love to come out wheeling for a couple of days with you guys.

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Sheldon - 11-13-2014

I'll post a run in the up coming events section.

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Jeepguy7814 - 11-13-2014

(11-13-2014, 09:01 PM)HMFI Wrote: I'll post a run in the up coming events section.

Sounds groovy!!

RE: Interested in TNT Membership? - Viliann - 09-17-2015

Hi I am also interested in joining up . I am located in Fsj