Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What did you do to/for your rig today?
12-31-2011, 02:14 PM,
What did you do to/for your rig today?
Okay, truth be told, i stole this idea from anouther site i belong to. Just something fun to creat discussion and inform people how the world of your rig is. I realize we have the forums about rig builds, this is more for just the little things that we all tweak and fiddle with. Lets see how long we can keep this thread going.

I will start.

Today i unhooked all the rear break lines, removed the rear shocks, and and removed the u-bolts. I also ordered new shock boots, and payed my membership fees. lol
JEEP... an amazing blend of adventurers without limits, a willing ness to help without want and a mutual respect shown by a wave. People who become more than friends, they and peers and influences and we call them family. There is a bond through or stories, laughs, and tears. I live, I ride. I am!!   O lllllll O
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2012, 03:34 PM,
RE: What did you do to/for your rig today?
Today I let it relax in the drive way and didn't force it to start in cold weather.

My jeep wants a garage for Christmas next year.
01-01-2012, 10:37 PM,
Well today i was felling quite good( no hangover,lol) so i pulled the rear diff, and removed the rear springs.
JEEP... an amazing blend of adventurers without limits, a willing ness to help without want and a mutual respect shown by a wave. People who become more than friends, they and peers and influences and we call them family. There is a bond through or stories, laughs, and tears. I live, I ride. I am!!   O lllllll O
01-01-2012, 11:26 PM,
well today I looked outside and thought about brushing the snow off the beast but nuh. Need to replace the "temporary" bolt in the 3rd link on the front diff before it becomes a permanent part. Quite lucky it didn't flip farther and do some damage, as the pinion angle was around 30deg and caster -10. It was UGLY jaw-dropping
95 Suzuki Sidekick, 4" lift on 32"s. Spooled Rear. Superwinch. Choose a road wisely!! Wide the road that leads to destruction and many will choose it. Narrow the road that leads to life, but few will find it. Math.7:13-14
01-01-2012, 11:30 PM,
Tried starting it but the battery was dead...put it on charge all day but it's pooched. Time to take the new battery back for a new one.
Pirateflag Keelhauler VE6SDG
TNT-HT
01-02-2012, 11:16 AM,
i just got a buddy to send me a pic of my jeep from manitoba.. he was nice enough to clean the snow off it and air up the tires again.. no one damaged it yet.. *knock on wood* and seeing the poor jeep sitting so far away from me in the snow kinda made me sad today..lol.. time to find myself a flat deck trailer and go pick it up with the farm truck.. but need some funds..lol.. and need someone that knows someone to do a out of prov. safety..*wink wink*.. dont feel like having to tow it to every trail.. rather have insuarnce on it and drive it to point a to point b.
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Rough Country 5.5" lift, Full Exhaust, Mopar Performance ECM, Kegger Mod, Ported polished heads, cam kit, throttle body mod, shift kit, Locked F/R, 231J T-Case, 33" BFG Mud, 32" Swampers, Trimmed sheetmetal, HID Headlights
01-02-2012, 01:49 PM,
had to move one jeep today to get my Sled trailer. Looked at the other one while I worked on my Turbo sled.

Its sledding season!!! lol
01-02-2012, 05:13 PM,
I forgot to post this from the boxing day run. Found a canoe laying off a cutline soooo loaded it up and continued along

[Image: th_canoe.jpg]
95 Suzuki Sidekick, 4" lift on 32"s. Spooled Rear. Superwinch. Choose a road wisely!! Wide the road that leads to destruction and many will choose it. Narrow the road that leads to life, but few will find it. Math.7:13-14
01-02-2012, 08:28 PM,
(01-02-2012, 05:13 PM)OBWHON Wrote: I forgot to post this from the boxing day run. Found a canoe laying off a cutline soooo loaded it up and continued along

[Image: th_canoe.jpg]

Lol,score!! Free stuff is the best stuff. Just hope it floats for you!
01-03-2012, 12:57 AM,
Cleaned up my fenders a bit Wink - washed her and got her ready for a wheeling trip in 2 weeks.
Pete

09 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Sunburst Orange - 2.5" Tera Flex, 35 BFG's on Fancy wheels Smile
97 TJ SE, 1.25" BL, JK coils & Shocks, 33" Swampers, basic fun wheeling machine!

Pirateflag Keelhauler VE6JV
01-03-2012, 04:34 AM,
Unpluged the seat heaters. Not willing to pay $250 to fix. Mad
Checked over the Recluse For Elk hunting trip tomorrow. (add .5 lt oil) Mrgreen
"MAINTAINING BACK COUNTRY TRAILS & SITES FOR THE NEXT GENERATION"
 "The Recluse".. Black 95 Sidekick 4" lift,MT's,Warn winch. Spool & 150% low reduction in progress
01-04-2012, 01:10 AM,
i ordered a daystar poly. master bushing kit, gonna be like swaying in new undies, lmao.
01-05-2012, 10:44 PM,
Today I put on the custom orange Jeep decals to match the trim.
[img][Image: 389974_10150513918386670_756176669_90780...984_n1.jpg][/img]
01-06-2012, 07:30 AM,
Still loving the color scheme.
01-06-2012, 06:57 PM,
today i called around shops in g.p to get price quote on getting axle seals done the cheapest being $400, guess my rig will be parked for a while
01-07-2012, 12:07 AM,
Got the rear diff back from being cleaned and degreased, primed it and put on a fresh coat of paint.
01-08-2012, 01:36 PM,
i put a trackbar on and looked at doing the axle seals so far today
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM,
We had the original owner of the 74 F100 donar diff, over for lunch today. I showed him what became of his 9"and he was very impressed with the coil/long link replacement for the leaf springs.
01-12-2012, 08:06 PM,
Well after a couple months of back order i finally got my snorkel head in today so am installing that tonight.
01-15-2012, 11:41 PM,
Unpacked some more parts that came in for it, to tired to do anything esle.