Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted's Journey
01-09-2013, 10:26 PM,
Ted's Journey
Just want to bring some of you up to date on Ted's (Little Green)battle with cancer. He has been fighting nausea and extreme intestinal pain, since I believe Dec 24 and has been hospitalized except for a couple of days. Today he went to GP for a CT because of a blockage or?? in his large intestine. Last word I received is he was in surgury, to repair a twist in the bowel. It has been a battle for him to get the pain,nausea and gas build up under control, so they can proceed with treatments. I am not sure whether he will be staying there overnight, or returning to Fairview. I believe he went into surgury around 6pm and as of now I have not heard from Heike or Andrew (nightcrawler). Please keep both Ted and Heike in your thoughts and prayers.
95 Suzuki Sidekick, 4" lift on 32"s. Spooled Rear. Superwinch. Choose a road wisely!! Wide the road that leads to destruction and many will choose it. Narrow the road that leads to life, but few will find it. Math.7:13-14
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2013, 10:59 PM,
RE: Ted's Journey
Thanks for the update Dave I was wondering how he was doing. I saw his jeep at the hospital the other day when I was there. Hopefully the news keeps getting better.
Daily Driver 1990 Chevrolet Full Size Blazer on 33' Baja Claws.
Trail rig '84 GMC Jimmy 350 TBI, SM465, NP205, Corperate 10 bolt 30 spline axles, Strange Spool in the back (and soon front), 6' Lift, Sitting on 38.5 Ground Hawgs.
01-10-2013, 12:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013, 12:37 AM by little-xj.)
Thanks dave, Good to hear a update, Ted and his family are in my thoughts
01-10-2013, 12:52 PM,
Thanks for the update. Ted and family are in our thoughts...Please let us know if you hear if he will be in GP for a bit so we can go up and see him.
01-10-2013, 09:55 PM,
I was wondering, as Ted hasn't been on here since he said he was back in the fight.

Please keep us posted

Our families thoughts are with you Ingram family.

Get well soon Ted.

We have spare beds in case Heike or Andrew, or anybody needs a place to stay the night.

Dmonkey

2003 WJ for groceries, 2005 LJ Rubicon for family wheeling, 2015 Power Wagon for making money, 1989 MJ for working on, 20xx Ultra 4 buggy for dreaming and leaning on.
01-11-2013, 04:17 PM,
Hi everyone, so Ted under went surgery yesterday to find out what was causing the bowel problem. Turns out it was a twisted bowel, must have gotten twisted during the biopsy. They were able to untwist it without any problems and Ted is now feeling great. So great in fact that they have decided to go ahead with the second dose of chemo therapy, so they are starting that today.
01-11-2013, 08:27 PM,
That's awesome news. I hope chemo goes well
01-11-2013, 08:50 PM,
Good luck Ted, we're all pulling for you.

Dmonkey

2003 WJ for groceries, 2005 LJ Rubicon for family wheeling, 2015 Power Wagon for making money, 1989 MJ for working on, 20xx Ultra 4 buggy for dreaming and leaning on.
01-11-2013, 10:16 PM,
Wish you the best Ted, Hope all goes well.
01-12-2013, 04:16 PM,
Great news! you're in our prayers
Soccer Mom's-'12 Sliver Rubi Unlimited on 35 w/ 3" Zone, Bumper'n'winch and LEDs
Old trial rig-('06 Rubicon, long arm, 39.5" Iroks, RCV's front-alloy rears and a 6hp Warn 8274) -  sold to a good friend  Big Grin
New trail rig - '06 Taco Crew, bobbed, locked, on 37"
YouTube Winch Challenge Addict Loony
01-14-2013, 02:02 AM,
Good news Ted. Remember to follow Doc's orders even if you find yourself feeln great.
Hope to see you at ACE again some day Smile
01-15-2013, 04:27 PM,
Ted,

Hope all is going well for the Ingram bunch. Get well Ted. Keep going and stay strong with that chemo. Horribly potent stuff. You'll feel it (not fun) but hey it's just like Buckley's "it tastes awful but it works!" You and your family are in our prayers!

Hope to see you soon,

Tyrone and family

Don't forget if there is anything you need done while you do not feel well your TNT family will gladly help out. Just let us know. We will get it done!
1998 PODRACER ([i]LONG ARM XJ
01-15-2013, 09:27 PM,
Ted's scheduled for his 3rd chemo treatment on Friday in GP at the cancer center. He's been fighting nausea,hot/cold sweats and weakness the last few days,as the stuff does its thing in his body. Possibly visit him for a few minutes while he is in the big chair, if anyone has time friday.
95 Suzuki Sidekick, 4" lift on 32"s. Spooled Rear. Superwinch. Choose a road wisely!! Wide the road that leads to destruction and many will choose it. Narrow the road that leads to life, but few will find it. Math.7:13-14
01-21-2013, 09:45 PM,
Thanks to all.!. I am at home now and though i,m down to 165lbs am eating and my body is functioning again. My 3rd treatment is done but a long road yet is projected inc stem cell...so one day at a time it goes. Family and Friends are such a blessing. Mrgreen
"MAINTAINING BACK COUNTRY TRAILS & SITES FOR THE NEXT GENERATION"
 "The Recluse".. Black 95 Sidekick 4" lift,MT's,Warn winch. Spool & 150% low reduction in progress
01-21-2013, 11:05 PM,
Glad your doing better Ted, hoping your all fixed up in time for ace
01-22-2013, 09:49 AM,
That's good to hear Ted. Let's hope that stem cell research pays off and assists you in your recovery.
I look forward to more bs'ing around the fires of ACE.
01-22-2013, 04:22 PM,
Ted, take it easy and don't try to get any work done around the house... Get your son inlaw working hard for you Wink
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Soccer Mom's-'12 Sliver Rubi Unlimited on 35 w/ 3" Zone, Bumper'n'winch and LEDs
Old trial rig-('06 Rubicon, long arm, 39.5" Iroks, RCV's front-alloy rears and a 6hp Warn 8274) -  sold to a good friend  Big Grin
New trail rig - '06 Taco Crew, bobbed, locked, on 37"
YouTube Winch Challenge Addict Loony
01-22-2013, 07:34 PM,
We've missed you on the board Ted, good to see you on here again.
Keep fighting.

"What doesn't kill me only serves to make me stronger" - TNT founding member, the late Ken Taylor.

Dmonkey

01-22-2013, 08:26 PM,
ya Mitch, thats the plan, but Ted is not a man that likes to sit indoors and watch tv. I'm afraid this year is going to be a wipe out for him for wheeling,sledding and quadding. He's quite weak and realistically not going to be in any shape for these types of excursions. Hopefully we can get him out as a co-pilot when the opportunity arises. Physically and mentally, its not going to be a cake walk and is a huge setback for him. I can't imagine how this would wear at your morale. Thinking and praying for you and also Heike, through these times.
01-25-2013, 01:33 PM,
Good to hear Ted, wish you all the luck.