Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil pressure
05-14-2014, 10:32 PM,
Oil pressure
Okay so my son has a 1999 Cherokee with a 4.7l in it. When we bought it the oil pressure read right around 3 on the gauge. Over the last few days it has slowly been going up and now sits at almost 5.4 when running. When I turn the key to the run position but dont have it started the gauge reads 3. I am thinking that the oil pressure sending unit or the gauge it self is shot but quite honestly dont know alot about that sort of thing, i am good and taking apart and rebuilding but trouble shooting, well, not so much.
JEEP... an amazing blend of adventurers without limits, a willing ness to help without want and a mutual respect shown by a wave. People who become more than friends, they and peers and influences and we call them family. There is a bond through or stories, laughs, and tears. I live, I ride. I am!!   O lllllll O
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 10:44 AM,
RE: Oil pressure
Myself personally I wouldn't worry to much about oil
Pressure but that's my redneck side, I'm
Guessing you have checked the oil level and probably did an oil change on it when you got it?
The oil pressure sending unit is a cheap part and should be easy to swap out to see if that cures it also. Well on a 4L they are easy to change lol
05-15-2014, 11:32 AM,
RE: Oil pressure
lol. The guy we bought it from had it in 2 days before and had it completely serviced so I never di and oil change on it. But ya checked the levels and pvc valve etc. everything looks good. Wasn't to concerned just want to make sure I wasn't overlooking something that could be major.
JEEP... an amazing blend of adventurers without limits, a willing ness to help without want and a mutual respect shown by a wave. People who become more than friends, they and peers and influences and we call them family. There is a bond through or stories, laughs, and tears. I live, I ride. I am!!   O lllllll O