Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knife time
01-05-2015, 10:23 PM,
Knife time
So i've been saving my change for a while now and got up enough courage to spend it.  But kinda went a little over board. The wife said order it once. So i ordered a rock krawler 5.5 long arm kit with 2.5 11 inch travel coilovers in the front.  While I was online i found a synergy cage front and rear for a great price. (4wd parts has it listed for 268 for the front and rear) I ordered that as well.  With my new lift and cage I know I was going to need a SYE kit and new rear drive shaft.  So I got a good deal on a 241OR from and rubi that only had 65000 km on it.  solves my SYE but still need a new drive shaft.  Now the waiting game starts as I wait till all parts come in and get picked up.  This is to inform of the build thread I am going to try to start.  I want to share everything I learn, hard way or not on the page.  And please chime in if you have any info pertaining to my new found bills.  I'm hoping that this will be the start of a good build.  I will be running my stock axles for the time being as the lift kit was violent even with 15 % off and the cage ultra cheep. I will have to build them up to.  My hope it to replace the front and keep running 37's from here out...  Wife thinks 40's are cool tho.  It will be some time till parts come in and works begins but I will take any advice your will to give.

We will be talking soon! 

And it will be done for ACE!!! 
Be careful of the feet you step on today because the might attached to the ass your kissing tomorrow!  2002 TJ 35's 2" budget boost Gen Right Hi-line fenders.[Image: bangHead.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 12:23 AM,
RE: Knife time
Sweet!
Soccer Mom's-'12 Sliver Rubi Unlimited on 35 w/ 3" Zone, Bumper'n'winch and LEDs
Old trial rig-('06 Rubicon, long arm, 39.5" Iroks, RCV's front-alloy rears and a 6hp Warn 8274) -  sold to a good friend  Big Grin
New trail rig - '06 Taco Crew, bobbed, locked, on 37"
YouTube Winch Challenge Addict Loony
01-06-2015, 02:37 PM,
"Wife thinks 40's are cool" Hell man, whenever you get vibes like that just go for it! Big Grin Sounds like a sweet build, looking forward to seeing it!
2000 XJ 4.5'' Rubicon Express Super-Flex on 33x13.50r15 Toyo MT/s Pirateflag
01-06-2015, 06:10 PM,
Don't forget to post build on hardcore / softcore depending. This forum has been rather lacking in such things.
Everyone loves to see stuff come together. I learned alot just from the build photos and write ups I've seen here.
01-07-2015, 01:09 PM,
Yep, you married a good one!!!
Look forward to seeing some progress.

Dmonkey

2003 WJ for groceries, 2005 LJ Rubicon for family wheeling, 2015 Power Wagon for making money, 1989 MJ for working on, 20xx Ultra 4 buggy for dreaming and leaning on.
03-31-2015, 08:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 08:09 PM by DirtyTj.)
 So parts have arrived. I mostly the way through my home renovations and hoping to be done by the end of april.  Then the time comes to start the work.  I'm hopping to get most of the work done in one week.  I got 7 days off and going to dig right in and start and finish the lift.  The cage is going to be another week off.  I have a lot to do this summer but will have the jeep complete for ACE. I will take pictures and try to document everything as it happens. Big Grin
Be careful of the feet you step on today because the might attached to the ass your kissing tomorrow!  2002 TJ 35's 2" budget boost Gen Right Hi-line fenders.[Image: bangHead.gif]
04-01-2015, 12:11 PM,
awesome! let the pictures fly! Big Grin
Soccer Mom's-'12 Sliver Rubi Unlimited on 35 w/ 3" Zone, Bumper'n'winch and LEDs
Old trial rig-('06 Rubicon, long arm, 39.5" Iroks, RCV's front-alloy rears and a 6hp Warn 8274) -  sold to a good friend  Big Grin
New trail rig - '06 Taco Crew, bobbed, locked, on 37"
YouTube Winch Challenge Addict Loony