Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOH 2017
10-27-2016, 09:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 09:52 AM by littletj.)
KOH 2017
I posted this on the FB page as well:

Hey guys & girls. Our race team (True North Racing) is headed to King of the Hammers in Johnson Valley, CA. Myself, Johann Mueller and Lyndon Sheppard will each be bringing race cars down to participate in the Everyman Challenge on Feb 9th. We'll likely be driving down about 12 days prior to the race to pre-run and tune in the desert. We are looking for anyone interested in being part of our pit team. Or if you just want to come down and observe that's fine too. Let me know if you want some more info, i'll give you all the details. This will be the third time our team has gone down to race and it's an amazing trip!

I'll also add that flying down is a solid option for many.  You can fly into Palm Springs (I believe they have direct flights from Calgary/Vancouver) and rent a vehicle.  It's a little over an hour drive to the lakebed from there.  We can accommodate some people camping on our site in Hammertown (you would have to buy a pit pass) but there is also lots of open camping in the desert as well as hotels in Yucca Valley (~30 min drive away).

Here's a highlight reel from last year............at 52 sec you get to see me do what you're not supposed to do during a race........braking. 

https://youtu.be/lIgFfqpGpkU

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2016, 06:41 PM,
RE: KOH 2017
Man I want to go soooo bad lol.
93 YJ, 42''Iroks, 4 link rear, detroited D60 front, 61 rear, twin sticked D300
Back up rig, 17 Tacoma TRD Offroad in upgrade mode.
10-27-2016, 11:02 PM,
RE: KOH 2017
Well, I might have a few extra seats in the dually if I head down. It would make for non stop driving..

Dmonkey

2003 WJ for groceries, 2005 LJ Rubicon for family wheeling, 2015 Power Wagon for making money, 1989 MJ for working on, 20xx Ultra 4 buggy for dreaming and leaning on.