Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The best 4x4 shops in Grande Prairie
03-22-2009, 04:14 PM,
Re: The best 4x4 shops in Grande Prairie
Hi, where is the best place in GP to get new gears and lockers installed? I just got a deal on some 4.10 gears coming to me and thought i would put in a detroit locker in the rear and a detroit truetrac in the front at the same time. thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2009, 06:03 PM,
See post above
If at first you don't succeed, Pick a better line!
03-22-2009, 07:35 PM,
jeepkj Wrote:Hi, where is the best place in GP to get new gears and lockers installed? I just got a deal on some 4.10 gears coming to me and thought i would put in a detroit locker in the rear and a detroit truetrac in the front at the same time. thanks.

Sounds like a job for our local villageidiot Lol Lol (That's his name)

Dmonkey

2003 WJ for groceries, 2005 LJ Rubicon for family wheeling, 2015 Power Wagon for making money, 1989 MJ for working on, 20xx Ultra 4 buggy for dreaming and leaning on.
03-25-2009, 12:54 PM,
nobody expects much from you that way. perfection auto @ 539-4419 , 538-3051. I have been known to rebuild diffs fairly well and we now also have a guy that rebuilt them for 10 years or so also .
stuck ??? not stuck just momentarily delayed...
04-15-2009, 12:22 PM,
Walmart Tire Service

I have always gone here for tire mounting and balancing becuase of the low, low price of $58 bucks for a change-over. In the past they have been great, but that last time I went they broke two wheel studs and also may have ruined a winter tire they removed by prying it carelessly. The rubber is torn at the bead, with chords showing, so I doubt it'll seal again. Also new rims are scratched to sh@t. I'm not sure how they did that. So be aware.

TirePro

I bought some winter tires here for my girlfriends Honda Fit. They were the only store that could be bothered to order some in, and at a lower price than competitors. I find they are always reasonable with their pricing and very knowledgable and helpfull. Also, the cost of a changeover is 2nd cheapest in town. I highly recommend TirePro.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-15-2009, 07:16 PM,
Yup, Tire Pro is the place to go.

Dmonkey

2003 WJ for groceries, 2005 LJ Rubicon for family wheeling, 2015 Power Wagon for making money, 1989 MJ for working on, 20xx Ultra 4 buggy for dreaming and leaning on.
05-12-2009, 12:48 PM,
Re:
Kronic Wrote:For engine building I won't go anywhere else but Precision Automotive and Machine. Scott knows what hes doing and does a awesome job. He built the engine that is in my truck right now, it runs great even after getting a little water in the crank case (opps). He has helped Mudfreak get the bugs out of his new one as well even though he didn't build it. Just wish he had a engine dyno!!!

Kronic
ya i made the cool list!!!!! friggin eh!
just pin it man
11-27-2009, 06:10 AM,
JD radiator has always been great.

Superior diesel in Sexsmith was good when I dealt with them, was the first time.

Visions SUCKS ASS!! Got a viper starter/alarm. The truck had to go back 6-7 times before they got it right, Plus I had to go to Superior dsl to get my computer re-flashed. Still scrapping over the bill.
'89 YJ, 383 stroker, NP205, SM465, D60 & 14bolt w/ Detroits , steering assist, 44" super swampers, Warn 8274, 4 wheel disc, rear 4 link
01-06-2010, 12:41 PM,
Might be a repost, but Sam's Auto Glass is awesome. Will even come pick up the vehicle up and drop it off when done if needed, for no extra cost. Got a windshield in our Liberty for over $100 cheaper than the other places. Not bad on an item thats only 300 or so in the first place. Not really a 4x4 only thing, but something everyone needs, sometimes pretty regularly around here.

Sam's # is 780-402-5771
01-06-2010, 01:19 PM,
I also have heard good things about Sam's Smile
Colin Paulovich
TNT Orange
01-06-2010, 01:29 PM,
This may be helpful I'm still deciding when i should replace my windshield.

It was good for a whole year. Then the next summer ... it was assaulted.
01-06-2010, 09:02 PM,
I've forgotten to mention Bradvin Trailer.
Before Christmas I had a broken leaf spring in my 1ton. I phoned them at 11:30am, he said "drop it off in the morning" I told him I was going out in the field in the morning and he told me to bring it by after lunch. I did and they found the other side broken also. They fixed both leaf packs and I had my truck back at the end of the day. Didn't miss a beat.

I normally deal with them anyway, they seem alright.

Dmonkey

02-11-2010, 09:50 AM,
RE: The best 4x4 shops in Grande Prairie
Srry about this, I know it says GP, but if your in the Peace River area Peace River Automotive is the best guy around. Not only does he have a small shop with excellent mechanics, he also is a bit of a wheeling enthusiast, so he is very knowledgeable. Never had a bad experience there, not once.
BEAT IT LIKE IT OWES YOU MONEY
04-06-2010, 05:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2010, 05:51 PM by gtisam.)
Some that havent been mentioned here is

Russel Metals, they have an understanding in metalurgy that is awsome as well their laser table cuts some awe inspiring stuff.

LSM both their powdercoating and their metalworking is great.

For tires OK tire the guys are great to work with and the more you deal with them the more they will really take care of you. Some of the guys in the back know what is working out there and what isnt.

Leyman Hydraulic for any of your hose or plumbing projects you got, they have what everyone doesnt and if they dont they have answers

Fastenall in clairmont stainless steel bolts chrome bolts socket heads super big metric fine thread they have it all.

We have a truly astounding pool of people who are better than great at their jobs here in Grande Prairie
hand built with love by ROBOTS
10-28-2010, 09:05 PM,
Gotta disagree with tire pro... guys are a joke.

I bought a new set of hankooks there this summer after i got about 40k out of a set of toyo's. They recomended the hankooks, saying there a little stiffer and might hold up better.

So I get a set of 35's and at about 5k I notice that one rear tire is wearing way faster then the others. I dont' get around to GP alot so I made a call to them a couple days ago and they said that they should be able to take a look and fix me up. So far now I have 10k total on the set and 3 tires look like new and the one tire is around 70%

I stop in today and they take a look at the tire and they tell me that

" ya these dodges seem to eat up the back rear pass. tire, something to do with there posi, always sends all the power to the pass. tire and eats em up, we see it all the time"

I'm like are you fucking kidding me!

he is still insisting that it's these dodges posi's, just seems to be how they work.

I told him that I was aware of how posi's work and that is bullshit. I also told him that it was pretty much all highway driving, so even if the posi did operate the way he claimed that it still shouldnt' have wore the tire out.

And i also pointed out the fact that i did put 40k on a set of toyo's with absolutely no uneven wear. He tells me that the toyos are harder and hold up bettter, then I let him know that when i purchased the kooks here that they told me they were STIFFER then the toyos and should hold up better!!!!

I am then told that warranty shouldn't be an issue, but he has to rotate the tires and if I come back and that tire is STILL wearing, then he will replace it. Which is really great when you live 3hrs out of GP and make a trip in to get a tire fixed and then get this poop pulled.

TIRE PRO WILL NOT BE GETTING MY BUSINESS.
10-29-2010, 09:18 AM,
Allot of Friends of Tire Pro on here Eric,
And they are a very generous sponsor to our club.
Some more grown up language would be appreciated, language like that makes you look like the foolish one, not them.
I have too many projects
10-29-2010, 09:29 AM,
(10-28-2010, 09:05 PM)eric__kam Wrote: Gotta disagree with tire pro... guys are a joke.

I bought a new set of hankooks there this summer after i got about 40k out of a set of toyo's. They recomended the hankooks, saying there a little stiffer and might hold up better.

So I get a set of 35's and at about 5k I notice that one rear tire is wearing way faster then the others. I dont' get around to GP alot so I made a call to them a couple days ago and they said that they should be able to take a look and fix me up. So far now I have 10k total on the set and 3 tires look like new and the one tire is around 70%

I stop in today and they take a look at the tire and they tell me that

" ya these dodges seem to eat up the back rear pass. tire, something to do with there posi, always sends all the power to the pass. tire and eats em up, we see it all the time"

I'm like are you fucking kidding me!

he is still insisting that it's these dodges posi's, just seems to be how they work.

I told him that I was aware of how posi's work and that is bullshit. I also told him that it was pretty much all highway driving, so even if the posi did operate the way he claimed that it still shouldnt' have wore the tire out.

And i also pointed out the fact that i did put 40k on a set of toyo's with absolutely no uneven wear. He tells me that the toyos are harder and hold up bettter, then I let him know that when i purchased the kooks here that they told me they were STIFFER then the toyos and should hold up better!!!!

I am then told that warranty shouldn't be an issue, but he has to rotate the tires and if I come back and that tire is STILL wearing, then he will replace it. Which is really great when you live 3hrs out of GP and make a trip in to get a tire fixed and then get this poop pulled.

TIRE PRO IS GAYER THAN A RAINBOW BAG FULL OF DICKS.

Why so hateful?

Let's all be adults here and discuss this without the schoolyard language.

I can guarantee you that if Abe knew how unhappy you are he would make it right. He is probably the most generous, most fair business owner that TNT deals with.

He sponsors our club and gives the members deep discounts. He never charges for rotations, flats, change outs, etc etc.

I'll never take MY business anywhere else, and I buy 4-5 sets a year off him.
PITBULL TIRES: http://pitbulltires.com/

Bilstein Shocks

PSC Steering

Poly Performance

10-29-2010, 11:52 AM,
Yup, sounds like Chris was having a bad day.

Too bad you had a bad experience. I deal with them ALOT, and I believe they have the best costomer service of anybody in town.

Call Abe and explain it to him.

Dmonkey

10-29-2010, 05:16 PM,
tire pro is NOT f-ing kidding you all rear wheel drive trucks/cars the
right rear tire wear's faster. does not matter if you have L.S.D or POSI
the right rear will always wear faster

you must rotate your tires more often to stop the uneven ware you
dont have to do all 4 rotate just rears side to side LR to RR unless your
front's got more tread then do them all
10-29-2010, 08:08 PM,
Other Eric Here!!

I have never dealt with Tire-Pro, but this is the first complaint I have heard from the store. Thats saying something in itself!

I HAVE, however had problems with Hankook dyna-pro M/T tires. I purchased a set from a business owner and friend in Peace River and he was told from the Sales Rep that these tires were the bomb. I flog my tires on my work truck pretty mercilessly, but even so after 25,000k I have had 2 sidewalls let go with severe cracking even at 50PSI. I wont buy them again, even if its fluke, or I just got a bad batch.

But anyways heres my point, it doesnt even sound like tire-pro is at fault here. Tire-pro doesnt make the tires, they sell them.

You said it yourself
Quote:They recomended the hankooks, saying there a little stiffer and might hold up better

Everyone knows that when a new product comes out they are the latest and greatest according to the manufacturer and sometimes it just so happens that they arent. That doesnt put the seller at fault, not to mention the fact that its always the risk that when you do buy different tires, you may not like them.

Crap happens, you've got 70% tread at 10K on a mud tire driving on the pavement in the hot summer with a mud tire..... Doesnt sound all bad to me.

And they are willing to work with you... Hmmmmmm, sounds like a good company to me.
BEAT IT LIKE IT OWES YOU MONEY