Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The best 4x4 shops in Grande Prairie
10-31-2010, 08:03 PM,
RE: The best 4x4 shops in Grande Prairie
I'm so hatefull because I drove 600km to get my tires rotated! that really pisses me off, especially because I phoned them three days in advance to make sure that warranty would not be an issue and that they actually had a replacement tire there, so I would not have to make two trips to GP to have this issue resolved.

From my expericiences with warranty work, it seems to be the sooner you get it looked at the better. If I ran this one tire to be totally bald, and went to the tire shop, I'm sure they would have a million excuses why they won' t warranty it, and that I should have came in sooner.

Scrudeman, the one tire is not 70% from new, it is wore 70% or more, compared to the other three tires. This single tire will probably be bald at about 20K, I don't think anyone here would be happy with that performance. The rest I'm thinking I will get around 40 to 50K, that is pretty decent.

I'm not new to dodges, this is my second personal dodge, and have had 3 as work trucks. I put on an average of 300km a day with the work trucks, 40km is on pavement, the rest on gravel (down the chin). I have never had issues with ONE tire wearing, and that is on loose gravel, where traction is an issue.

As far as the dodge posi goes, I talked with the guys at NADP, and they laughed when I told them about this story and have NEVER had any isssues with dodges eating rear passenger tires. They also informed me that the dodge posi for the 11.5 is actually one of the better units and that they actually replace some GM units with oe dodge units.

Dishtowel, swing by tirepro and get cris to explain to you how a DODGE posi works, and then you will hear foolishness...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2010, 09:03 PM,
(10-31-2010, 08:03 PM)eric__kam Wrote: I'm so hatefull because I drove 600km to get my tires rotated! that really pisses me off, especially because I phoned them three days in advance to make sure that warranty would not be an issue and that they actually had a replacement tire there, so I would not have to make two trips to GP to have this issue resolved.

From my expericiences with warranty work, it seems to be the sooner you get it looked at the better. If I ran this one tire to be totally bald, and went to the tire shop, I'm sure they would have a million excuses why they won' t warranty it, and that I should have came in sooner.

Scrudeman, the one tire is not 70% from new, it is wore 70% or more, compared to the other three tires. This single tire will probably be bald at about 20K, I don't think anyone here would be happy with that performance. The rest I'm thinking I will get around 40 to 50K, that is pretty decent.

I'm not new to dodges, this is my second personal dodge, and have had 3 as work trucks. I put on an average of 300km a day with the work trucks, 40km is on pavement, the rest on gravel (down the chin). I have never had issues with ONE tire wearing, and that is on loose gravel, where traction is an issue.

As far as the dodge posi goes, I talked with the guys at NADP, and they laughed when I told them about this story and have NEVER had any isssues with dodges eating rear passenger tires. They also informed me that the dodge posi for the 11.5 is actually one of the better units and that they actually replace some GM units with oe dodge units.

Dishtowel, swing by tirepro and get cris to explain to you how a DODGE posi works, and then you will hear foolishness...

Ok fine, how often did you rotate your tires? Every 10,000km?

IF you had allowed your rotation to extend for say 20,000km - 70% wear would be expected on that one tire.

Don't be hating on TirePro on TNTGP.com - they are a huge supporter of our club and treat us awesome.
PITBULL TIRES: http://pitbulltires.com/

Bilstein Shocks

PSC Steering

Poly Performance

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2010, 02:10 PM,
Fair enough....way to keep composure and discipline guys.
Next item...
"MAINTAINING BACK COUNTRY TRAILS & SITES FOR THE NEXT GENERATION"
 "The Recluse".. Black 95 Sidekick 4" lift,MT's,Warn winch. Spool & 150% low reduction in progress
11-01-2010, 09:13 PM,
this is probably a dead thread, and we don't need to PROVE to anyone how good tirepro is, i just thought i would chime in and give u guys my experience there,
my ex, (then my wife) had gone to GP with her cousin as she needed dental surgery. she got out of surgery, they were heading home, and her cousins car overheated. both of them being mechanically inept, they ended up getting to tirepro on a cooked motor.
Those boys stayed open, like 2 hours late, (they all stayed) she was still drowsy from the anestiesia, she slept on the couch while they looked at the car, and while i drove from hinescreek to pick them up.
now how many shops can you name that would give two shits about any of this and just shut their doors at 6 anyways!??
thank you tirepro!! small town generousity.
1992 YJ. 3" body lift 33" Mickey T Baja claws.

01-18-2013, 08:33 PM,
Who can I trust to grind off my old warped control arms and weld on some new HD's?
01-21-2013, 09:59 AM,
I think sheldon / hmfi is pretty competent welder. Have you asked him for a quote?
01-21-2013, 08:54 PM,
Thanks for the kind words Rob, just real busy right now.

Dmonkey

2003 WJ for groceries, 2005 LJ Rubicon for family wheeling, 2015 Power Wagon for making money, 1989 MJ for working on, 20xx Ultra 4 buggy for dreaming and leaning on.
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM,
Yeah I forgot to mention, when you can wrangle him.
04-14-2015, 12:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2015, 01:01 PM by justbruin.)
Anyone have any experience (Customers or Mechanics) with having the sparkplugs done in the 5.4L Ford here in GP??

Mine are due as I am getting the infamous bog when under load so if you know of a shop or mechanic or if you are the shop or mechanic who has done these a time or two please let me know (In the GP area). Ive heard of some horror stories and would like to avoid being in one of my own.

Thanks!
04-15-2015, 08:47 PM,
Nope. Friends don't let friends drive Fords......................
Just joking, sort of.........

How about the dealer? If it's that bad of a job, I'd take it to the "pro's".

Dmonkey

2003 WJ for groceries, 2005 LJ Rubicon for family wheeling, 2015 Power Wagon for making money, 1989 MJ for working on, 20xx Ultra 4 buggy for dreaming and leaning on.